SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO: CREATIVE COORDINATOR
Reporting directly to and following the direction of the Creative Coordinator, the Social Media Specialist is responsible for creating and posting engaging social media content for Happy Goat Coffee Company’s social media presence under multiple accounts. This role includes keeping social media channels updated and brand-focussed and seeking out new social media avenues of connecting with audiences. You will support our social media team with the ability to manage Facebook and Instagram campaigns and create relationships with other online influencers to increase brand awareness. This role has the opportunity to expand with a growing company. This job is part-time (up to 10 hours a week) at $14 an hour. A performance review will be held after three months.
- Draft, edit, schedule, and post social media content including photos and short-form videos
- Curate and design compelling posts, images, and stories to be published via the company’s social channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and company blog
- Monitor social media channels and respond/act in accordance with social media policies
- Create, execute, and report on paid social media campaigns
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A creative eye for detail, and a passion for coffee, people, and community
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Hold or enrolled in a degree/diploma/equivalent program in communications, graphic design, communicative graphic designs, or a related field
- Minimum 3-6 months experience managing social media platforms on the business level
- Experience working with popular social media management tools
- Comfortable using Mac based programs and major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube)
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, InDesign preferred)
- Must have the ability to work from home (laptop / desktop required), and to travel to each café weekly for content and meetings
- Good interpersonal skills, time management, scheduling to meet definitive deadlines
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit Part One & Part Two to firstname.lastname@example.org
Part one: Please submit your resume and a cover letter. In your cover letter please explain why you think you'd be a good fit for this job and what you can bring to Happy Goat Coffee's team.
Part two: Please submit a "test post". Come up with a creative Instagram post that promotes Happy Goat Coffee Co. This post can be about our coffee, our staff, how coffee is roasted, or anything else coffee-related. The post should be reflective of your idea of coffee culture in Ottawa. The post should include a photo and caption. Be original and innovative, this part of your application is for you to showcase your personality and creativity. This post can either be posted on your Instagram (make sure to have a public account) and share the link to the post, OR you may submit a fake post (include the photo and caption in the email).